After more than one year of development, testing and refinement, Carpet Cleaning Autopilot is being launched to carpet cleaning businesses worldwide. It is an automated marketing system designed to help carpet cleaners get more leads from their website and turn them into booked jobs.
The Austin-based company was started by Geoff Frink and Nick Sudhaus who both have extensive online marketing and automation experience in the small and medium businesses sector.
The system contains five main modules that work in unison to convert more leads for carpet cleaners.
- Coupon Gateway is designed to capture new leads by trading contact information in return for access to exclusive deals and coupons.
- Rapid-Response Follow-Up™ System elicits a response from potential customers within the first hour of contact by imitating personal outreach.
- Follow-Up Autopilot™ is an email-based system to educate potential clients over a 7-day timespan with the objective of having them book the coupon or special offer which self-liquidates after one week.
- Review Autopilot™ is custom-designed to generate positive reviews from past customers in an automated fashion.
- Reminder Autopilot™ turns one-off business into repeat and lifelong customers. Instead of hoping that customers come again, this system sends out targeted reminders at the exact time when customers are ready to have their carpets cleaned again.
Traditionally, marketing automation has been reserved for large enterprises, making it inaccessible and unaffordable for small businesses. Now that this technology is available at affordable prices through Carpet Cleaning Autopilot, it will be more accessible to carpet cleaners.
Carpet Cleaner Autopilot does not have long-term contracts. Pricing is tiered in a way that customers only pay more if they are getting more results and everything Carpet Cleaner Autopilot offers is backed up by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The company is now accepting new U.S.-based carpet cleaners and is offering special pricing for the first 100 clients.