Did you know that more than 50 percent of local Internet searches in 2012 were done on a mobile phone?
That was only a couple of years ago.
Since then, cell phone usage has gone off the hook. The more user friendly a restoration or cleaning business website looks on a smartphone, the faster they get the leads. A mobile website is made specifically to look great, offer ease of use and create the best interactive experience for a mobile phone browser searching for your services.
In this day and age, the faster and easier your prospects can navigate your website, the better. More importantly, how a website looks and functions in this arena is the #1 determiner of whether or not a job will be gained or lost.
Here are six reasons why your website must be mobile optimized:
1) Ease of website navigation: The simplicity of the website menus make it an enjoyable experience for mobile phone visitors.
2) Quick-click action capabilities: Offering “tap-to-call” feature offers convenience and support during emergency situations since a prospect can call you with click of just one button.
3) Eye catching displays: How a website looks makes a big difference in how a person perceives your business and whether or not they will stay to browse or take action on your website.
4) It Improves Google search rankings: Google likes websites that have a separate HTML website that serves mobile phone users. Those that do will most likely rank higher in Google mobile searches
5) Faster loading speeds: Normal websites that have not been optimized for mobile usage will take a long time to load or may not even load at all on a cell phone. This can lead to abandonment of the website in search of a site that loads faster.
6) Gives you an edge: As stated before, ease of use is a big determinant on whether or not a mobile phone user will stay and take action on a website.
Here’s an example…
…of why having a mobile website is so important:
Joe Smith has just come home from vacation to a flooded basement. He needs someone to come do an emergency cleanup ASAP. What he wants is a quick, no-nonsense way to find a water damage restoration company now. With his cell phone in hand, he begins his search. If he goes to a local business site and he cannot find a quick emergency tap-to-call tab within seconds, he is more likely to go to another page that has the instant access he is looking for.
Facts and figures
- 89 percent INCREASE in mobile data usage from 2010 to 2011.
- 77 percent of mobile searches occur at home or at work.
- On average, EACH mobile search triggers nearly TWO FOLLOW-UP ACTIONS.
- 55 percent of CONVERSIONS (store visit, PHONE CALL or purchase) happen within ONE HOUR.
- 81 percent of mobile searches are driven by SPEED and Convenience.
- 45 percent of ALL mobile searches are GOAL ORIENTED and conducted to help MAKE A DECISION.
- 81 percent of CONVERSIONS (store visit, PHONE CALL or purchase) triggered by mobile search occur within 5 HOURS.
- MOBILE COUPONS receive 10 TIMES HIGHER redemption rates than print coupons.
(Source: The Nielsen Company, 2013)
Plain and simple
Mobile websites provide a mobile phone user a fast, easy, and pleasant experience when they are looking for what they need. Restoration and cleaning companies that do not have a mobile website may be giving their sales away to the competition that does.
Sonny Ahuja is an Internet marketing expert specializing in high conversion responsive website design, optimized mobile sites, Google Adwords & SEO. He mainly helps remodeling, disaster restoration and cleaning companies get more leads by developing their online lead generation systems. See how he can help you grow by setting up a free consultation at (414)434-9557 or by reaching out to his personal assistant Jody at Jody@SonnyAhuja.com. Read more tips and tricks related to internet marketing at his blog: www.SonnyAhuja.com.