- Online Exclusives
- Contact Us
COLUMBIA, MO — University of Missouri (MU) Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) visited McReynolds Hall this week after faculty members began experiencing health troubles due to spending time in their offices, according to The Maneater.
EHS determined these problems were caused by large amounts of mold and standing water discovered around the east half of McReynolds Hall, the article stated.
English professor Devoney Looser said she discovered a wet carpet and evidence of mice in her basement-level office upon her return for the academic year: She said these were mild annoyances compared to the mold.
Looser said she had no history of allergies when she began experiencing lung inflammation and shortness of breath after returning to her office.
EHS is working with Campus Facilities to solve the problem: Campus Facilities spokeswoman Karlan Seville said the source of the leak has been located and repair work is scheduled for this week, the article noted.
Click here to read the complete article.