- Online Exclusives
- Contact Us
MUKILTEO, WA — U.S. Products has just released a "top ten list" of reasons why heat is so essential to carpet cleaning, according to a press release.
Through the years, there has been a bit of a "back and forth" when it comes to the use of heat in carpet cleaning, the release stated.
"But the science of cleaning and the facts speak for themselves. Invariably, the use of heat and hot-water carpet extractors improves carpet cleaning performance," said Mark Cuddy, a veteran of the professional cleaning industry and national sales manager for U.S. Products.
According to the release, some reasons why carpets should be cleaned using heat include:
- Studies dating back to the 1800s indicate the effectiveness of cleaning chemicals is usually increased as water temperature increases. This principle holds true for most carpet cleaning solutions – hotter water increases the molecular activity (and cleaning capability).
- Tests conducted on behalf of the United States Environmental Protection Agency report that the hot water extraction cleaning process reduces the level of biological contamination in carpeting.
- The use of hotter water reduces the use of cleaning chemicals.
- The hotter the water, the greater the cleaning power. Heat "weakens the physical bond between the dirt or stains to the various surfaces to which the dirt is sticking."**
- Heat reduces the surface tension of water, enabling faster, more efficient cleaning than with cold water.
Click here to read the release in its entirety.